£9.28 (ex VAT)
In Stock (505 available)
What is a sub-frame?
- A frame cut to size and fitted to the back of the panel with heavy-duty bonding tape
- It is an extruded aluminium profile, with a matt silver anodised finish
- Mitred corners are joined with metal plates, fixed with a screwdriver
- Hangers are fitted to the frame
What does a sub-frame do?
- Provides a means of fitting hangers to allow the panel to hang on normal picture hooks
- Adds rigidity to the panel
- Gives the panel a feeling of weight and enhances the quality
- Spaces the panel away from the wall so that it appears to float
For square cut profiles using Moulded Push-In Corners (for SUB15 only) - measure the printed panel and allow 25-75mm border (depending on panel size). Take the external measurements of the sub frame e.g. 300mm x 500mm. Subtract 27mm to each end to allow for the width of the push in corners, making the framed example 446mm x 246mm.
Adhere the sub frame to the printed panel with HD Bonding Tape 6919. Remember, adhesive products work best if the surfaces to be bonded are totally clean and grease free. Use solvent surface wipes 9837 (sachets) or 9838 (tub).
Download the Sub Frame Measuring Guide.
Lion supply sub-frame profiles in 3m lengths, as precision mitred pairs in standard and in bespoke sizes. Click here to order bespoke sizes through our Chop Service.
Choose between three profiles, SUB08 is 8mm, SUB15 is 15mm deep and SUB25 is 25mm deep.
SUB08 Precision mitred pairs in these standard lengths:
SUB08-1100 Aluminium Sub-Frame, 1100mm, 1 pair
This item is normally available from stock. Please contact us at: email@example.com for samples, more details or to place an order if showing as Out Of Stock.
Fitting a Sub-Frame to a graphic panel
Please feel free to ask any questions about this product.
Sub Frame Measuring Guide
PUB058 Aluminium Mouldings Profiles