OPEN we are taking orders for delivery
SUB08 Aluminium Sub Frame Length per metre
7868L SUB08 Aluminium Sub-Frame Length
What is a Sub-Frame?
- A frame cut to size and fitted to the back of the panel with VHB Tape/Heavy-Duty (HD) bonding tape
- It is an extruded aluminium profile, with a matt silver anodised finish
- Mitred corners are joined with Steel Push In Corners. Alternatively, use metal plates from the Hardware Kit, fixed in place with a screwdriver
- Hangers are fitted to the frame
What does a Sub-Frame do?
- Provides a means of fitting hangers to allow the panel to hang on normal picture hooks
- Adds rigidity to the panel
- Gives the panel a feeling of weight and enhances the quality
- Spaces the panel away from the wall so that it appears to float
How big should your sub frame be?
For square cut profiles using Moulded Push-In Corners (for SUB15 only) - measure the printed panel and allow 25-75mm border (depending on panel size). Take the external measurements of the sub frame e.g. 300mm x 500mm. Subtract 27mm to each end to allow for the width of the push in corners, making the framed example 446mm x 246mm.
Adhere the sub frame to the printed panel with HD Bonding Tape 6919. Remember, adhesive products work best if the surfaces to be bonded are totally clean and grease free. Use solvent surface wipes 9837 (sachets) or 9838 (tub).
Priced per metre, supplied in 3m lengths. Please order in metres, we will round up to the nearest full length.
Download the Sub Frame Measuring Guide.
Lion supply sub-frame profiles in 3 metre lengths, as precision mitred pairs in standard and in bespoke sizes. Click here to order bespoke sizes through our Chop Service.
Choose between two profiles, SUB15 is 15mm deep and SUB25 is 25mm deep. The depth of the sub-frame dictates how far the panel hangs from the wall.
Click here to browse standard sizes.
Fitting a Sub-Frame to a graphic panel...
Please feel free to ask any questions about this product.
Ask a question